Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Hanoi to Ninh Binh

Posted by John67 on 30/3/2010 at 23:32

Hi,

I've 25 nights to get from Hanoi to Saigon after Hanoi & Halong Bay. I'd like to visit Ning Binh & Tam Hoc but can this be done easily before heading to Hue/Hoi An or is it best to travel to and from Hanoi?.

Thanks John

#1 John67 has been a member since 20/12/2009. Posts: 13

Posted by travellingsarah on 31/3/2010 at 11:46 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

You can easily get from Hanoi to Ninh Binh by train or bus - we went a couple of weeks ago: got a taxi to the Giap Bat bus station on Giai Phong, straight onto a bus (20 seater) and it took about 2 hours. It cost 45,000VND each and they run regularly.

Or I'm pretty sure you can get an Open Tour bus there - there are lots of posts about it anyway so have a look.

From Ninh Binh you can get the train down to Hue. The train times aren't ideal as the only ones stopping in Ninh Bing are the SE5 (departs 1440 - arrives 0107), the SE70812 (departs 0812 - arrives 1958) or the TN1 (departs 1236 - older trains). So might be worth looking at the Open Tour bus option.

When we were in Hanoi last year our hotel told us we couldn't get tickets for the train from Ninh Binh to Hue, so you might have to go to the train station in Hanoi and buy them directly. It's cheaper that way anyway.

So definitely do-able with just a little bit of extra effort.

#2 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Send travellingsarah a private message   Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.