Hi Travel Fish,
I got tickets booked with a couple of friends for a Manila to Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) flight on
September 6 2010 (arriving in HCMC at about 12am in the morning on September 7). We booked tickets
back to Manila to depart from Bangkok (back to Manila) on September 13, at midnight. It's about 6
days all in all.
We were hoping to get as much information on these cities ahead of time before our trip.
Here are a few things we need information on:
1. Good value backpacker-style accommodation in Ho Chi Minh (HCMC)
2. Best transportation options (Boat/Bus prices, duration and distance)from HCMC to Phnom Penh and
then from Phnom Penh to Bangkok
3. Travel docs / requirements to enter /transit from HCMC to Phnom Penh to Bangkok - though I did see a few articles on this on this site =)
4. Good value backpacker-style accommodation in Phnom Penh
5. Good Value backpacker-style accommodation in Bangkok
6. Since we would just be there for 6 days (5 if you count the HCMC to Bangkok transit a full day for
travel), any must see places to visit / place to eat (to try out authentic yet value-for-money local
food)/ things to do (ex. temples, markets, shops, interesting towns and cities, beaches)
7. And lastly =) - any health or general safety advice when travelling to these three cities (ex.
places, groups, food, etc that would be best to avoid)
Travelfish folks out there - hope you can help!
#1 LGR_2010 has been a member since 2/4/2010. Posts: 23
Estimated travel time - on the road - should be 2 days 1 night from PP to BK. I think the better part of a day from Saigon to PP. So that's three days there depending on how much time you want to spend in any of the three cities you won't want to go afield from the direct route between Saigon and BK.
Good information on travel through Cambodia:
Thanks, Caseyprich. I'll check out the sites you recommended.
#3 LGR_2010 has been a member since 2/4/2010. Posts: 23