Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

sapa and fansipan

Posted by genne on 10/5/2010 at 12:11

hi there!

i'll be arriving in hanoi in a week's time and am hoping to go sapa and fansipan.

i've checked out tour packages online and they are rather steep. i understand planning the trip on your own is much cheaper. am jus concerned that i might not be able to get the train tickets when i reach there.

i'm arriving tuesday and hope to board the evening train from hanoi to lao cai. do their tickets sell out very fast?

also will it be possible to get a guide to fansipan from sapa itself?

oh yes are payments made in dong or USD? am wondering which currency i should bring...

thanks guys!

gen:)

#1 genne has been a member since 10/5/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by jasinorbit on 10/5/2010 at 14:21

HI,

They will accept either currency, we used mainly Dong. Take plenty with you to Sapa - I was unable to use my particular cards in the Sapa ATMS (I neede ones with the cirrus logo - but most people had no dramas). Getting a guide from Sapa should be easy. Train tickets should be fine - but cant tell you fr certain as we booked ours 2 days early.

#2 jasinorbit has been a member since 4/12/2009. Posts: 37
 Send jasinorbit a private message 

Posted by genne on 14/5/2010 at 12:36

alright thanks!!

would anyone know roughly how much will a 4D/3N trek to fansipan cost?

#3 genne has been a member since 10/5/2010. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.