Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Posted by Vxh on 16/5/2010 at 11:29

Are these guys reliable? any one ever use their services for VOA before?

#1 Vxh has been a member since 7/4/2010. Posts: 19

Posted by rawjer on 16/5/2010 at 16:54

Posted from within Vietnam.

I used a few months ago and it went smoothly, except that my first (US) credit card attempt gave me a fraud warning, which I think is common for initial Vietnam transactions. The process is a bit weird (mostly the paperwork you receive by email), but it seems that most or all of the stories from those who've tried it on every site are successes. seems similar to the other ones, and appears to be a bit cheaper than the one I used. The fact that Step 2 is "CONFRIM AND PAY" would make me wonder too, but I believe all of these services are run by Vietnam-based travel agencies and companies, and those sorts of typos and spelling errors are everywhere in this country, so I'll bet it's fine.

Hopefully someone who actually used them will come along soon to confirm.

#2 rawjer has been a member since 20/1/2010. Posts: 104
 Send rawjer a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by hfergu on 17/5/2010 at 07:05

I just went through as well and it was a smooth process. I was also very pleased to get a very quick response when I sent them an email.

I'm in a bit of a conundrum now because my trip in SE Asia will likely change to avoid BKK/Thailand. This means I'll be in Vietnam earlier than anticipated and my visa is already arranged. I know that I can't get a refund or make changes on my application, which means I'll have to repeat the process. I'm just wondering if they allow simultaneous e-visa applications (since the date will be earlier but overlapping). I will also probably have to opt for a multi-entry visa because my flights may change. Anyone have any experience with this kind of double application?

I'm waiting for a response from now in regards to this matter. I'll let you know what happens.

#3 hfergu has been a member since 21/3/2010. Location: Canada. Posts: 26

Posted by Vxh on 21/5/2010 at 16:02

Please let me know what happen, my plan is changing as well and I am planning on re-apping for another Visa...hopefully this doesn't confuse the Vietnamese visa agent's computer over there and mess it up some how...

#4 Vxh has been a member since 7/4/2010. Posts: 19

Posted by hfergu on 21/5/2010 at 22:51

Hi there Vxh, I contacted the agent at myvietnamvisa and was assured that reapplying would not be a problem. So, everything should be fine.

#5 hfergu has been a member since 21/3/2010. Location: Canada. Posts: 26

Posted by Vxh on 31/5/2010 at 18:18

Thx hfergu. I re-booked my Visa and got the new pre-confirmation letter. What day are you heading to Vietnam? I'm gonna be there myself on June 17 till September 8th.

#6 Vxh has been a member since 7/4/2010. Posts: 19

Posted by hfergu on 31/5/2010 at 19:19

My boyfriend and I are leaving for Hanoi (from Toronto via Hong Kong) early Tuesday morning. We should arrive on June 2nd and we'll spend about 3 weeks in Vietnam before going to Cambodia, then Laos, then back to Vietnam to see the north. So excited! I'll let you know how the visa works out at the airport... are you arriving in Hanoi or HCMC?

#7 hfergu has been a member since 21/3/2010. Location: Canada. Posts: 26

Posted by Doniwarner on 31/5/2010 at 19:42

I used to get a pre-approval for a multi-entry visa at the start of May. I had no problems with getting the pre-approval letter and everything went well once I arrived in Vietnam with the exception of waiting to get your visa! If you are not with a tour group your passport seems to be pushed to the bottom of the list over and over. It took over an hour and a half to get my passport and visa back because the tour operators could speak the language and would get their clients taken care of as fast as possible.

#8 Doniwarner has been a member since 12/2/2010. Posts: 19

Posted by Vxh on 15/6/2010 at 07:19

Arriving in Vietnam in 2 days 17th, hope that immigration desk isn't too pack...

#9 Vxh has been a member since 7/4/2010. Posts: 19

Posted by busylizzy on 29/6/2010 at 17:27

You will get a bit further up the front of the queue if you print out and fill out the arrival papers beforehand. I think you can download it from the myvisa website.

#10 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by michien on 3/2/2015 at 18:16

I use they are reliable, fast & cheaper than most at US$10 for single entry 1-month. I put my last application in last Sunday night and received the letters on Tuesday night.

#11 michien has been a member since 1/11/2007. Posts: 37

Posted by LanternSky on 6/2/2015 at 21:41

I think almost Vietnam visa agents work well. But you have to remmeber to book visa at least 3 days before your departure to avoid urgent serives. It costs much.

#12 LanternSky has been a member since 26/12/2014. Posts: 30

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.