Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Visa application over 30 days

Posted by doolough on 18/5/2010 at 23:46

We fly into Hanoi on June 28th.
We return home, to Ireland, on August 14th.

We will travel south through Vietnam - maybe for 3/4 weeks, and spend the rest of the time in Cambodia and Laos and then fly back into Hanoi for a night or two before our flight home.

I have looked up the Vietnam Embassy website and the FAQ section here. My understanding is that you can get a 30 day Visa and that you can extend it when you are out there.

Do I just apply for the standard 30 day Visa and then get another Visa from Cambodia or Laos so that we can get back to Vietnam for our flight home?

I would prefer to have it all sorted before I go. Will the embassy grant an extended Visa if I include my flight details.

If I can only get a 30 day Visa is it easy to get one In Cambodia/Laos?

Hope you can help.

#1 doolough has been a member since 22/3/2010. Posts: 7

Posted by rawjer on 19/5/2010 at 17:15

Posted from within Vietnam.

You could probably do it one of those ways, but I think it would be best and easiest to just start with a 3-month multiply-entry visa in the first place. You can get those online through the Visa On Arrival scheme, which is cheaper than doing it through an embassy as well.

A one-month visa extension is US$25, which is the same as the extra Stamping Fee for a multiple-entry visa ($50 instead of $25) so the costs would work out about the same, with no hassle and everything done in advance.

#2 rawjer has been a member since 20/1/2010. Posts: 104
 Send rawjer a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by doolough on 20/5/2010 at 14:07

Thank you.

#3 doolough has been a member since 22/3/2010. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.