Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Massage schools in Vietnam

Posted by leomburu on 22/5/2010 at 12:51

Hi, I was planning on going to a massage school in Chiang Mai, but with all the trouble, I will probably be avoiding bangkok and the north of Thailand.
Are there any massage schools in Vietnam (or even Cambodia or Laos)?

Many thanks!

#1 leomburu has been a member since 22/5/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by eastwest on 24/5/2010 at 19:43

No, don't count on it unless you speak Vietnamese (or want to work in de sex industry).

Also be aware that a massage in Vietnam is often (far more often than in Thailand) a sex experience since gogo-bars etc. are not allowed.

But apart from the sex the legitimate massages are different from Thai, Lao and Cambodian massages. More chinese oriented and the people who teach it do not cater for foreigners. That is if you're even able to find a massage school.

Better try your luck in Cambodia or Laos but I do not know any schools there

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778
 Send eastwest a private message 

Posted by leomburu on 25/5/2010 at 09:50

I can't speak Vietnamese and wasn't looking for a change in career, so thanks for the heads up!

#3 leomburu has been a member since 22/5/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by Vxh on 31/5/2010 at 19:16

haha...I've actually been to a legit massage parlor in Hue, it has a few small medicinal pools that was great. I haven't ran into the other industry massage parlor yet but then it was the only massage I've gotten so far.

#4 Vxh has been a member since 7/4/2010. Posts: 19

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.