Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Hoi An and suit shops?

Posted by Enrico_Gatti on 1/11/2006 at 13:53

Posted from within Vietnam.

Can anybody reccommend me a good tailor in Hoi An, i just arrived here today and have heard its the place to get bespoke clothing.

Any tips?

#1 Enrico_Gatti has been a member since 4/5/2006. Posts: 17

Posted by somtam2000 on 1/11/2006 at 14:14 admin

Hi Enrico,

Other Travelfish readers have recommended Khoa at 81 Nguyen Thai Hoc St. (perpendicular to Le Loi St.).

You can read the comments here.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by goddessrel on 1/11/2006 at 14:37

I recoment Dong Duong Indochine, 685 Hai Ba Trung St. They used to be called another name Dao Nguyen Ky Ky. They have moved and have changed their name.

The quality is amazing, along with the service. I had read recomendations for this place online and was planning on checking it out for myself, and then my moto drive also recommended.

In the end I got 5 dresses, 2 suit jackets, 5 suit pants, 5 suit skirts, 2 wool blazers, and 2 winter coats made, along with some dress shirts.

They pay great attention to detail and will do everything the way you want. I had brought in pictures that I had printed off the internet and they matched theme expertly!

Every one there is so friendly and helpful! I stand behind them and plan to order more clothes through them in the future!

#3 goddessrel has been a member since 1/11/2006. Posts: 6

Posted by nadjan on 1/11/2006 at 21:53

Hi,

We are going there next month and want to get some clothes made but we will only have time to stay for a few days. Will this be enough time?

How long did it take to have all of the things made that you listed in your message?

Thanks

#4 nadjan has been a member since 23/7/2006. Posts: 6

Posted by DakLak on 10/11/2006 at 02:06

You need a minimum of three days from ordering to completion.

One person said of Yaly's Fashions, Hoi An, "We also had clothes made at Yaly. Clothes here were good as well . They are probably better for evening or something a bit unusual as they have a flair for getting the cut right on silky light material. A lot of the designs are on show in their shops and they will make these to fit. But they take two or even three fittings to get garments fitting properly."

#5 DakLak has been a member since 28/8/2006. Posts: 57

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.