Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Another Visa question

Posted by BanhMi on 28/6/2010 at 18:38

Posted from within Vietnam.

I know theres a ton of visa info out there, but I feel my situaion may be a bit unique so here goes...
Due to a clerical error on the three month multiple entry visa I got at the Vietnamese Embassy in San Francisco, it was cancelled at Hanoi airport and I was reissued a one month single entry visa. The problem is that my return flight leaves in 5 weeks from Hanoi, and I was going to go to Cambodia in between. I am in Hoi An now, and the desk at the hotel say they cannot help me, and I need to take care of it in Saigon. My question is what exactly to do in Saigon and where to go. Do I get an entirely new single entry visa that overlaps the one I already have, or should I get a visa on arrival to pick up in Hanoi airport when I fly in from Cambodia prior to my return flight home? Where should I go in saigon and how long should I expect it to take?
Many thanks for any help you can give.

#1 BanhMi has been a member since 5/4/2010. Posts: 12

Posted by daawgon on 29/6/2010 at 01:05

you will need a new visa if you re-enter Vietnam - you don't say if you plan to leave the transit area at Hanoi airport???

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,113

Posted by DLuek on 29/6/2010 at 07:47 TF writer

Yes, are you planning to leave Hanoi airport before your return flight? If not you don't need to worry about another visa. If so, you will need to pick up another visa when you're in Cambodia, or arrange for a visa on arrival for pick-up at Hanoi airport. As far as I know you cannot "change" an already issued single entry visa into a multiple entry. If you're going to Phnom Penh the process for a Vietnam visa is known to be relatively fast, easy and cheap there. Best of luck.

#3 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,176
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.