Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

10 days in vietnam : North vs South ? Both ?

Posted by robkius on 2/7/2010 at 15:47

hello, I was reading posts in this forum for quite a while now but I still couldn't find an answer to my question..

Me and my GF are traveling to Vietnam at the end of August. We are planning to spend there around 10 days. Would love to spend at least few of them motorcycling. What would be our best shot in terms of seeing places combined with motorcycling outside of big cities?

I was thinking of renting a motorcycle and traveling to Halong Bay and then to Sapa, but I guess there is not enough time for that.

Has anyone done anything like this and could suggest some traveling plan for us?

We would love to get a bike and travel to destinations without tight bus/train schedule but we are not sure if this will not shorten the list of things we can see during our trip.

Any input is welcome..

Cheers.

Rob

#1 robkius has been a member since 2/7/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by Vietnam720 on 3/7/2010 at 09:14

Posted from within Vietnam.

Chose the North. North is prettier. Also good for a riding trip to Sapa. If time is an issue, there are closer provinces where you can also catch Vietnam's minority.

#2 Vietnam720 has been a member since 26/8/2009. Location: Singapore. Posts: 46
 Send Vietnam720 a private message   Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.