Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

2 Minsks for sale Hanoi

Posted by edgeworth on 4/7/2010 at 12:26

Posted from within Vietnam.

My friend Chris and I have been riding our two Russian Minsks up from Saigon since May, and we are planning to arrive in Hanoi on the 7th of July. We've had a fantastic trip but we're now bound for China, so we need to sell them to some other travellers venturing south. We don't have phones, but you can email Chris at or Mitch at

We plan to get the bikes serviced by a proper Minsk mechanic in Hanoi (virtually impossible to find decent mechanics further south), so the bikes should be up for sale around the 9th or the 10th.

A note on helmets - full-face motocross helmets are non-existent in Vietnam, we got ours in Cambodia. I'm throwing mine in with the price of the bike, Chris wants an extra $30 for his.

Chris' Minsk - $450 US
Photo -
Black, sport model (higher seat, larger bike), pannier racks and saddlebags
TOOLS: Pliers, spanners, screwdrivers, socket, sparkplug remover
SPARES: Electric box, generator coils, transformer, cables, sparkplugs
Motocross gloves
Bungee straps
Registration card
+ full face motocross helmet for an extra $30

Mitch's Minsk - $400 US
Photo -
Blue, regular model, pannier racks and saddlebags
TOOLS: Spanners, screwdriver, tyre braces
SPARES: Clutch cable, electric box
Bungee straps
U.S. Army boots (if they fit you and you're OK wearing some stranger's second-hand shoes)
Minsk repair manual
Vietnam roadmap atlas
Map of Hanoi
Registration card
Full face motocross helmet (included in price of bike)

#1 edgeworth has been a member since 3/7/2010. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.