Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Passport pages added in Hanoi

Posted by TennisHaus on 27/7/2010 at 08:14

Can I get passport pages added in Hanoi . I have one blenk page for the Vietnam visa and stamps. I do not have room for the Cambodian visa and stamps plus the Thailand stamps. Does US embassy in Hanoi add passport pages? Has anyone gotten their passport filled at this embassy?
TIA

#1 TennisHaus has been a member since 19/7/2010. Posts: 11

Posted by 69bertie on 27/7/2010 at 11:54

Posted from within Vietnam.

I don't know about the US embassy but I'd imagine it's the same as the British setup. There you can get nigh on anything......... for a whooping great big fee of course.

This might help you though......... http://vietnam.usembassy.gov/acs_passports.html

#2 69bertie has been a member since 22/12/2009. Posts: 90

Posted by rawjer on 27/7/2010 at 14:10

Yes, the US Embassy in Hanoi can add pages to your passport, and so can the consulate in HCMC. I think they have you drop your passport off in the morning and then pick it up in the afternoon. I just had some added in Phnom Penh in June, and there they did it in a bit under an hour while I waited.

You are unlucky with the timing though. As of about two weeks ago the US State Department hiked most of its fees, and extra passport pages went from being free to $85. Ouch.

#3 rawjer has been a member since 20/1/2010. Posts: 104
 Send rawjer a private message   Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.