Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Phu Quoc or not Phu Quoc?

Posted by jodan on 12/11/2006 at 17:12

Posted from within Vietnam.

We're working our way down Vietnam (currently in Nha Trang) before heading into Cambodia and then Thailand. As we will be able to enjoy the islands in Thailand, we were wondering whether it is worth us visiting Phu Quoc, i.e whether it is nice enough to justify spending a few days less on the Thailand beaches? Also, is the weather on Phu Quoc OK this time of year (if we visit Phu Quoc it will probably be in about a 1 or 2 weeks time)?

One more question - is it possible to get Cambodian visas on the Ha Tien border or will we need to arrange them from Ho Chi Minh City?

#1 jodan has been a member since 12/11/2006. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/11/2006 at 06:06 admin

Hi jodan,

Welcome to Travelfish!

"As we will be able to enjoy the islands in Thailand, we were wondering whether it is worth us visiting Phu Quoc, i.e whether it is nice enough to justify spending a few days less on the Thailand beaches?"

YES!

"Also, is the weather on Phu Quoc OK this time of year (if we visit Phu Quoc it will probably be in about a 1 or 2 weeks time)?"

Lovely!

"One more question - is it possible to get Cambodian visas on the Ha Tien border or will we need to arrange them from Ho Chi Minh City?"

The Hat Tien crossing is not open officially to tourists as far as I know -- you'll need to backtrack north a little and cross near Chau Doc (where you can get a visa at the border).

I've been to just about all the islands in the region and Phu Quoc really took my breath away -- and I was there when the weather wasn't so hot. If you've got the time it is definitely worth a look -- there's no island in Thailand quite like it. I'd highly recommend it.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.