Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Vietnam visa in BKK and flights to Hanoi

Posted by pilgrim on 13/11/2006 at 13:20

I will be arriving in Bangkok at the end of Nov and hoping to fly to Hanoi within a week(as soon as possible). I am planning to apply for my Vietnam visa in Bangkok. Does anyone know from experience how long it will take to get my visa??
I have been looking online at booking an Air Asia flight to Hanoi from BKK but want to make sure I allow enough time to get the visa...
Would it be better(safer) to book my flight when I arrive in Bangkok? How might costs compare.
The BKK-HAN flight is about 2000 baht w/air asia.

#1 pilgrim has been a member since 6/8/2006. Posts: 7

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/11/2006 at 13:37 admin

Hi pilgrim,

Vietnamese embassy in Bangkok offers a range of services depending on how much you're willing to pay for an express service - same day to three day turnaround are the norm. You can get their details here: Vietnamese embassy in Bangkok

The costs will be more the closer you book your flight but I'd be more concerned about availability than price...these flights are often full and getting your bum onto a seat can be tricky!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by pilgrim on 14/11/2006 at 13:18

Thanks Somtam for your prompt reply. I have been having trouble connecting with the Vietnamese embassy in Bangkok site but it sounds like anything is possible if you are willing to pay...
I would rather not pay for express service but it is nice to know that it is an option...

#3 pilgrim has been a member since 6/8/2006. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.