Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Hoi Ahn

Posted by swenglishdan on 18/11/2006 at 22:05

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello,

Currently travelling round Vietnam, my gf and I are in Nha Trang, staying here for about a week doing a bit of diving and eating sea food! Heading North next to Hoi Ahn and De nang.

Looking for any good tips on what to do and where to stay. We are on a budget of about $6 a night for a room and would like something in the centre of Hoi Ahn if possible!

#1 swenglishdan has been a member since 17/11/2006. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 19/11/2006 at 07:57 admin

Hi Dan,

Welcome to Travelfish!

You'll struglle to get something in the heart of Hoi An for $6 -- but a short walk (10 minutes from the river) to the north of town there's a whole bunch of places to choose from. See the Hoi An section of the site for more details.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by halu on 22/11/2006 at 13:37

Posted from within Vietnam.

We just got to Hoi An today, and if you stay just outside of the centre of town, you're about 10 minutes from the Old Town and can EASILY find a room for $6-7. We were bombarded with options upon arriving from Hue this afternoon. Nice, clean fan rooms with tv and everything for $6/night.

Good luck.

#3 halu has been a member since 21/8/2006. Posts: 31

Posted by nijntje2518 on 22/11/2006 at 16:06

Hi,

I stayed in the Hoi Pho hotel, about 5 minutes from the waterfront - spotlessly clean, friendly staff who arranged my bus onwards, room with TV / fridge / hot water, all for $7! It's 627 Hai Ba Trung St. One of the best I stayed at in Vietnam (this was about a month ago).

Cheers,

J

#4 nijntje2518 has been a member since 30/7/2006. Posts: 1

Posted by EasyWorldTraveler on 30/11/2006 at 07:10

Pho Hoi Riverside Resort just over the bridge from the market is a great place to relax. Their prices on the website are really high but if you show up and talk to them the prices are much lower. Great swimming pool right on the river, very friendly staff. Though be warned that on the evening of your last night the housekeeping staff will suddenly show up to try and get a tip out of you. Out of place from the rest of the stay and a bit of a bump in a rather nice experience.

#5 EasyWorldTraveler has been a member since 30/11/2006. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.