Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

"Fifteen tips for a great holiday" needs repeating

Posted by daawgon on 23/9/2010 at 00:28

This is such good advice, I think it needs repeating. I've already told everyone at Tripadvisor to read this advice:

https://www.travelfish.org/feature/109

#1 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,111

Posted by exacto on 23/9/2010 at 01:40

sweet advice for sure. i have to ask though: ball of string? have i been tempting fate and luck by travelling without one?

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,650
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by busylizzy on 23/9/2010 at 03:55

Not sure about the ball of string, but I do carry a small bobbin size spool of extra-heavy duty thread (in my micro-sized sewing kit of threads/needles/buttons/safety pins - the kind given out in some hotels). The heavy-duty thread was useful to stitch up the zip on the bottom of a section of my sister's backpack when the zip broke. We just hand-stitched it up and it held the pack together until she got home.

#3 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by violets on 24/9/2010 at 08:24

Good advice. The one about not assuming everyone is out to cheat you would be very helpful to a lot of travellers; it's so easy to get caught up when someone's been dishonest and lose perspective.

I find gaffer tape invaluable, to mend stuff and to make things in my hotel room work better.

#4 violets has been a member since 6/7/2009. Posts: 151

Posted by daawgon on 25/9/2010 at 06:19

On my last trip I ran out of socks. Almost impossible to find large size socks in Vietnam, and the XX Large t-shirts would fit a Medium sized person at home.

#5 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,111

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.