Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Halong Trip

Posted by jordanclay on 21/11/2006 at 19:47

I would like to book an overnight on the boat trip to Halong Bay. I dont mind paying a bit extra to book with a reputable operator and Tropical Sails seem to be such an outfit. According to their website an overnight trip for a single cabin will cost over $200 which is a lot of my budget. Is it the same price if I wait till I arrive in Vietnam or does anyone know of an equally good operator who may be a bit cheaper? As one of the main reasons to visit North Vietnam I would hate to be disappointed on this particular tour.
Thanks
Jordan

#1 jordanclay has been a member since 12/11/2006. Posts: 9

Posted by somtam2000 on 21/11/2006 at 20:04 admin

Hi Jordan,

Picking the right Ha Long Bay tour can be quite a challenge -- we've got a series of stories about what you should expect for the money -- you can see the first part here.

$200 for an overnight trip on Ha Long Bay is pretty high-end for Ha Long Bay tours -- so I guess it depends what you're looking for -- once in hanoi you can book a two night three day tour for as little as US$40 -- though I suggest you giv ethe stories referenced above to get an dea of what you get for the money.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by jordanclay on 23/11/2006 at 20:14

Thanks for that. I will spend some time and shop around some more
Jordan

#3 jordanclay has been a member since 12/11/2006. Posts: 9

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.