Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Vietnam Travel in November

Posted by travelcore on 21/10/2010 at 18:52

Had planned a holiday in Vietnam and Thailand in Nov and Dec, just seeing all the flood issues in central Vietnam, is it still ok to go there? Was thinking about Hanoi on to Ha Long Bay and then maybe the Island of Dao Phu Qui?

#1 travelcore has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by fiona85 on 22/10/2010 at 13:28

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi Travelcore

We are in Hue, Vietnam at the moment, travelling down from Hanoi to Saigon. We experienced the floods on the train journey between Hanoi and Hue, after Vinh we had to transfer to a bus as the floods were so bad. Haven't seen any problems elswhere so I would say you are still ok to come here but just avoid the train journey, our overnight 12 hour journey ended up taking 24! We had no problems in Hanoi or Ha Long Bay last week.

#2 fiona85 has been a member since 2/5/2010. Posts: 1
 Send fiona85 a private message 

Posted by travellingsarah on 22/10/2010 at 16:28 TF writer

The weather in Hanoi is perfect at the moment. Late 20s with blue skies. As fiona says, just avoid the train through Central Vietnam. I must admit I don't know where Dao Phu Qui is so can't comment...

#3 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Send travellingsarah a private message   Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by travelcore on 22/10/2010 at 16:54

Hi Guys,
Thanks very much for the info guys, Phu Qui is an island off the south coast of Vietnam (near Nha Trang ) was going to fly into Haoni then go to Ha Long Bay and then do the north-south train/bike thing through central Vietnam to Nha Trang and then onto Phu Qui Island...

But with the flooding maybe after Ha Long bay should we fly to Ho Chi Min then to go on to Nha Trang then Phi Qui????

Thanks again for your "on the ground" knowledge!!!

#4 travelcore has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by dizriz on 24/10/2010 at 14:03

Bs from Ninh Binh to Hoi An... hit the flooded are after a few hours and delayed the journey by about 6 hours or so but it was ok... the worst part was seeing the homeless Vietnamese roadside camping due to the effects of the floods. This was about 5 days ago though so it may have cleared. At that time the trains had also been cancelled (SE7 - so I guess all others).

#5 dizriz has been a member since 7/10/2010. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.