Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Turboprop flights to Phu Quoc

Posted by averydka99 on 23/10/2010 at 23:13

Can anyone who has flown into Phu Quoc tell me how the flight was on Vietnam Airlines Turbo prop? I have flown on these before and usually get deathly motion sick. Was planning on the ferry from Rach Gia, but postings make it sound very unreliable.
Thank you

#1 averydka99 has been a member since 27/7/2010. Posts: 12

Posted by caseyprich on 23/10/2010 at 23:30

I'm not one for motion sickness - I'll usually be reading on the bumpiest bus rides - so I may not be the most reliable on this. I found the flight very stable - there wasn't much turbulence at all, a very smooth assent and no bumps at cruising altitude. We were there in February and the weather was flat-lining hot with very little wind so that may account for the good conditions. Vietnam Airlines is a very professional outfit as far as my experience goes.

#2 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Send caseyprich a private message   Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by 69bertie on 23/10/2010 at 23:38

Posted from within Vietnam.

If you've flown on one before, I'd imagine it will be the same experience. They are ATR 42/72 aircraft. My photo can be found here 
If you look under the photo you'll find a link to the video of the flight, take off and landing,  which is on Youtube.
I didn't have a problem with motion sickness and I can't recall seeing or hearing anyone else having problems either. The flight lasts about an hour if I recall correctly.
Have you tried taking travel sickness pills before a flight?

#3 69bertie has been a member since 22/12/2009. Posts: 90

Posted by averydka99 on 24/10/2010 at 01:14

Thank you both, Yes, I take motion sick pills, use the acupuncture wrist bands, even suck on ginger's pretty bad. I think it's the best choice though considering the ferry situation.

#4 averydka99 has been a member since 27/7/2010. Posts: 12

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.