Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Dong Xuan Market

Posted by husun on 15/11/2010 at 17:13

Finally booked my tour to Hanoi . Was researching and kind of see this forum things to buy at Dong Xuan market.

Can anyone advise. If I opted not to bring any winter clothes, backpacker bag and shoes. Is it recommended to buy all this thing in Dong Xuan market? And the price will be very "cheap". as I try not to bring some many "bulky" items, so I choose to buy it there. Any experience to share or any other place in Hanoi is worth a stroll to get all this?

#1 husun has been a member since 28/10/2010. Location: Japan. Posts: 35
 Send husun a private message 

Posted by violets on 16/11/2010 at 05:18

You may have trouble getting things in your size and the clothes in the market are not great quality. I think you'd be better off bringing a warm, light, jacket. Something like polofleece I've found works well because it dries quickly if you need to wash it.

#2 violets has been a member since 6/7/2009. Posts: 152

Posted by violets on 16/11/2010 at 05:18

You may have trouble getting things in your size and the clothes in the market are not great quality. I think you'd be better off bringing a warm, light, jacket. Something like polofleece I've found works well because it dries quickly if you need to wash it.

#3 violets has been a member since 6/7/2009. Posts: 152

Posted by halongcalypsocruiser on 18/11/2010 at 14:57

Posted from within Vietnam.

You can go shopping Dong Xuan Market but I agree with Violet that you should prepare for your clothes. The quality and the size maybe not suitable for you.
P/s: You can bargain when buying something in Dong Xuan and some shops in Hang Ngang, Hang Dao as well.

#4 halongcalypsocruiser has been a member since 16/11/2010. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.