Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Great Tailor in Hoi An

Posted by averydka99 on 19/11/2010 at 07:56

Posted from within Vietnam.

Wanted to post my experience working with a small tailor in Hoi An. The name is T & C Cloth Shop at 14 Le Loi St. I got the recommendation from my hotel, the Nhi Trung. You will get a 10% discount if you mention the hotel referred you. I brought a copy of an athletic sleeveless shirt I wanted copied, and I choose a 2-layer wrap skirt from their selection. The bottom layer is silk, the top layer a gauzy, see-thru printed fabric I loved. I paid 20 for the shirt (of which she sewn in a side zipper pocket I forgot to tell her wasn't necessary-no charge) and 35.00 for the skirt. I went in at 1pm, and they were done to PERFECTION at 7pm! I was so thrilled!
You will be approached by many tailors, quoting lower prices, for example, 15.00 for dress. When you go there, it will be a simple or even unflattering dress pattern, and only 2 or 3 plain dull fabrics to choose from that you wouldn't want! Then as you can imagine, the price goes up significantly from there.
Why go thru the hassle??? I am so thrilled with my experience with this tailor!

#1 averydka99 has been a member since 27/7/2010. Posts: 12

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.