Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Arriving in Ho Chi Minh at 1230 am

Posted by nickolt on 28/12/2010 at 13:39

My bf and I will be travelling through SE Asia this Jan through May. We have a flight booked from Manila into Ho Chi Minh. The only problem is that our flight lands at 1230 am in HCM. How safe/advisable is it to take a taxi into the city at this time ? Would it just be better to hang out in the airport till daylight? We will be booking our hostel ahead of time so that it wont be a problem finding somewhere to stay. Just not sure if taking a taxi at that time is going to be safe or if the airport security will even let us stay in the airport until morning.

Thanks for any advice and help !

#1 nickolt has been a member since 25/10/2010. Posts: 21

Posted by PhongVietnam on 28/12/2010 at 16:02

Just ask your hotel to arrange a pick up. Should not stay at the airport until daylight as you might be tired after the long flight.

#2 PhongVietnam has been a member since 27/12/2010. Posts: 6

Posted by nickolt on 28/12/2010 at 21:24

hmm we are planning to stay in a hostel, dont think those would arrange airport pickup unless anyone knows of one that does ?

#3 nickolt has been a member since 25/10/2010. Posts: 21

Posted by JiroIsCounting on 29/12/2010 at 08:06

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello Nickolt,

Seems you will be arriving from a cebu p. flight.
I've tried that before and arrive around 1am in TSN Airport in HCMC (Saigon City) and ride a taxi going to Bui Vien,Dist. 1.....Taking a taxi will not be a major problem. I suggest you pick either Mai Lin or Vina Sun taxis. They have some staff outside the airport (at a taxi stand), ask for a taxi and they will radio one for you...Some taxis we really dont trust, due to many complaints we heard from others..... Write the address of the hotel in a paper, most of the taxi drivers dont speak english.... dont stay in the will not be convenient for more thing i must add, if you ride those taxis i mentioned get the number of the taxi (the one posted infront of the window near the dashboard-incase you forgot something, your hotel can call the company and get your stuff back) safe and enjoy staying in HCMC...

#4 JiroIsCounting has been a member since 23/12/2010. Posts: 24

Posted by puretravel on 30/12/2010 at 02:05

Phone ahead to your hotel in Ho Chi Minh and use their service or get them to recommend a taxi service. Don't stay in the actual terminal, its pretty sparse.

#5 puretravel has been a member since 30/12/2010. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.