Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Siam Reap to Hanoi in ten days,,,,

Posted by Gez1975 on 27/1/2011 at 05:45

Dear all

We are planning to leave Siam Reap on 15 Feb and need to catch a flight out of Hanoi ten days later... I would like to ask your opinions please on whether you would concentrate your efforts on seeing the South, maybe spending some time on Phu Quoc Island and then making your way up to Hoi An, before going direct to Hanoi (and given the time of year I think we may get some sunshine in the South, but not the North), or whether you would ignore Phu Quoc and train steadily up the coast? We are on our honeymoon and concious of spending too short a time trying to see so much. Real shame we don't have more time generally, very grateful for your thoughts, thank you.

#1 Gez1975 has been a member since 27/1/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by _gabriella on 31/1/2011 at 20:14

Posted from within Vietnam.

Howdy, I'm in Nha Trang at the moment, travelling northwards. Been to Phu Quoc and it is absolutely gorgeous this time of year compared to the rest of the places we've been, especially for a honeymoon - warm/hot weather and clear water. We hired motorbikes and found a deserted beach about an hour north of Duong Dong which was amazing, and snorkelling was good but sustained a couple of jellyfish stings! Mui Ne was pretty unimpressive as there's humidity haze everywhere so it seems constantly overcast, plus the beach was murky from river water. Nha Trang is the same. Dalat was chilly, we had to buy alot of warm clothing, which is very cheap. If you like warm weather and beaches I'd reccommend the south, especially Phu Quoc, although we haven't been to the north yet we've heard it's particularly cold this winter - snow in Sapa! Ha Long Bay is supposed to be pretty hazy too. Headed to Hoi An tomorrow and hoping we won't freeze. Good luck with your trip!

#2 _gabriella has been a member since 6/11/2010. Posts: 7

Posted by eastwest on 1/2/2011 at 08:56

I agree with that.

Fly to Phu Quoc, spend a few days there and then fly to Danang and visit Hoi An . I don't think there will be much time left to visit Halong and Sapa will certainly be out of the question. Perhaps a day sightseeing in Hanoi but that's about it.

Both Phu Quoc and Hoi An are great honeymoon destinations and with this weather and your schedule I would leave it at that

#3 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778
 Send eastwest a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.