Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Need advise and tips....First Timers from Malaysia....planning to Hanoi...

Posted by jivie798 on 6/2/2011 at 19:21

5 of us are planning a week trip to hanoi and ha long bay...
But as a first time backpacker.... we need advise, eg. where should we leave our pasports while doing water activities like kayaking....can we trust them to the guide?
If any of the members have tips, do tell us...
Thank you....

#1 jivie798 has been a member since 6/2/2011. Posts: 10
 Send jivie798 a private message   Website 

Posted by idreamofdurian on 6/2/2011 at 21:55 TF writer

Personally I wouldn't take my passport for water activities. I'd leave it somewhere secure like safety deposit box at the hotel and carry a photo-copy of my passport with me.

#2 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by Randy on 6/2/2011 at 21:58

...As I know of, most of hotels in vn are responsible for your passports and they will keep your passports until you actually leave. If you don't want to cover fee during your absence for a few days of your short trips somewhere, just let them know and ask them for safe lockers. They would clean up your room and ready rent out for other guests but most of your heavy luggages also passports will stay with them until you come back. That's what I did in most of my hotel stays in vn. Wish you all have good trip and enjoy it...Keep in mind that...choose your "base", that way you would be freely to travel within vn.

#3 Randy has been a member since 3/2/2011. Posts: 28

Posted by jivie798 on 7/2/2011 at 17:55

Thank you people...
I really appreciate your opinion...

#4 jivie798 has been a member since 6/2/2011. Posts: 10
 Send jivie798 a private message   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.