Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Mekong Delta, My Tho town.

Posted by ramrod on 24/2/2011 at 01:05

Is My Tho in the Mekong Delta a nice place to stay for 2 nights and explore the Delta? I found this place to stay
http://radeauxdumekong.com/
looks nice to me, did anyone stay here or know this place ?
Thx

#1 ramrod has been a member since 24/1/2011. Posts: 8

Posted by travellingsarah on 2/3/2011 at 09:04 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

I'm not sure I'd agree with 'authentic' - it doesn't look much like the places the locals live to me, but it does look really nice and would be a pleasant way to spend a couple of days exploring the - more authentic - local area.

But you start off your question with "Is My Tho in the Mekong Delta a nice place to stay". That's a completely different story. My Tho town itself is an experience but I certainly wouldn't call it a "nice" place from a travellers perspective. I doubt you'll end up spending any time there once you get to your lodge anwway!

#2 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by ramrod on 2/3/2011 at 13:19

Ok thx,

What is a nice town town to stay and explore the Mekong Delta , any recommendations?

#3 ramrod has been a member since 24/1/2011. Posts: 8

Posted by travellingsarah on 2/3/2011 at 13:25 TF writer

I think the place you're thinking of staying sounds like a wonderful place to explore the Mekong from! We stayed one night in My Tho, one night in Can Tho and one night in Chau Doc and for me personally, none of them were towns that I wanted to spend much time in - although Can Tho and Chau Doc had a bit more appeal. If I went back to the Mekong I would definitely look at doing a homestay somewhere as I hear they're really good, but I don't have any details.

#4 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by ramrod on 2/3/2011 at 14:35

My Tho is not to far from Saigon , so thats a big + , the place looks nice yes , will see if this is the best option for me , maybe when i have more time i will go to Can Tho

#5 ramrod has been a member since 24/1/2011. Posts: 8

Posted by ramrod on 2/3/2011 at 19:46

Thx again ,

I assume that you are the owner or you work at Radeaux ...?

Can i book only a room and only the tours that i like , do you have bike tours ?

I don,t like package deals.

How do i get from Saigon to your place , do you have a Saigon office?

#6 ramrod has been a member since 24/1/2011. Posts: 8

Posted by somtam2000 on 3/3/2011 at 13:29 admin

Just deleted (and banned) funandfly -- we don't allow posts by Vn agents.

Ramrod, suggest you contact direct via web above.

Cheers

#7 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Soc_viettrip on 5/3/2011 at 17:41

Dear Ramrod,
From HCMC, you can buy ticket to Mytho (7usd), it's included Bus, boat. I think stay there for one night will help you know clearly about mekong delta. Peacful, lovely, people friendly...you can stay at Con Phung Is. it's about 10usd/room/night. After that you can go to Can Tho by bus. In Viet nam, the best bus is Mai Linh. call the reception helps you to book ticket. In Can Tho, room from 10 usd, try to enjoy floating market in the morning. Than you can take the bus to Chau Doc or Cambodia. have nice trip when come to vietnam.

#8 Soc_viettrip has been a member since 5/3/2011. Posts: 11

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.