Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Is it raining everywhere in Vietnam??

Posted by destroyingangel on 13/3/2011 at 03:08

Can anyone currently in Vietnam offer hope that the weather will clear by the end of this month/early April? We were looking forward to leaving the Oregon rain behind and enjoying some sunshine . . . was this naive?

#1 destroyingangel has been a member since 5/1/2011. Posts: 15
 Send destroyingangel a private message 

Posted by vothai2000 on 13/3/2011 at 21:53

The weather in Sai Gon seems normal, some sunny days sprinkled with a few rainy days. I get my weather reports from Accuweather.com. If you have a smartphone you can put the weather as a widget on your phone and check it out everyday.

#2 vothai2000 has been a member since 11/2/2011. Posts: 7
 Send vothai2000 a private message 

Posted by travellingsarah on 14/3/2011 at 14:23 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

The weather in Hanoi is particularly miserable at the moment. It wasn't like this last year. So I'm hopeful it will brighten up soon! That said, the forecast is showing rain but it hasn't rained for a few days and was actually quite lovely yesterday. The south should be fine at this time of year - we were in Saigon and Mui Ne a month ago and it was fantastic. The forecast shows rain at the moment in Saigon but that won't be all day everyday, just occasional downpours - and it's still stinking hot there! So don't be despondent!

#3 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Send travellingsarah a private message   Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by duong on 14/3/2011 at 15:51

Actually, this month and Apr offer the nice weather in the North & Center of Vietnam with not much rain and cool. However, this time will fall down the dry season in the South of Vietnam sothat it is quite warm with the average around 25 - 35 Degree Celsius.

The summer in the North of Vietnam will drop into May - July every year thus I hope you will be fine to travel this time.

For your more information, you should check out with this link: http://www.nchmf.gov.vn/web/en-US/43/Default.aspx.

Cheer,

#4 duong has been a member since 22/12/2010. Posts: 19

Posted by destroyingangel on 15/3/2011 at 06:42

Thanks, everyone. It sounds like spring weather in Vietnam is as variable and unpredictable as anywhere. We're excited about our trip, though, and we'll be happy to be there no matter how the weather turns out!

#5 destroyingangel has been a member since 5/1/2011. Posts: 15

Posted by 69bertie on 16/3/2011 at 17:12

Add some rain the other week (about 5 hours worth - bit of flooding around) but generally most days are sunny, hot, dry and humid in HCMC.
Since January, I could probably count the number of days that we actually had some rain on by just using one hand . Very little indeed.

#6 69bertie has been a member since 22/12/2009. Posts: 90

Posted by destroyingangel on 16/3/2011 at 22:57

Perhaps we should have planned to fly into HCMC - the Accuweather forecast for Hanoi is cool and rainy, followed by warmer and rainy. With flooding in the central area, of course. . . .

#7 destroyingangel has been a member since 5/1/2011. Posts: 15

Posted by 69bertie on 17/3/2011 at 08:10

And it snowed in Sapa yesterday!
http://english.vietnamnet.vn/en/vietnam-in-photos/5965/snow-falls-in-sapa.html

#8 69bertie has been a member since 22/12/2009. Posts: 90

Posted by thatvaletguy on 17/3/2011 at 17:51

I'm in Hanoi and the weather is miserable! Rained ALL day today, seems like the rain hasn't quit in 3 days now. Headed to Halong Bay tomorrow, hoping the weather will clear up ::crosses fingers::

BUT...!

I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. The rain gave the war museum a nice eerie feel to it as I went today. =)

#9 thatvaletguy has been a member since 25/10/2010. Posts: 14

Posted by C on 17/3/2011 at 20:30

YES! its ****.. We are in Hoi An. Supposed to warm up for the next three days... Snow in Sapa (15cm)..

sunsetsandhandbags.wordpress.com

#10 C has been a member since 17/3/2011. Posts: 6

Posted by geckobob on 17/3/2011 at 23:47

I agree with you thatvaletguy i was also at the war museum today and the rubbish weather did actually add to the atmosphere !

The forcast seems to be a little brighter for Sapa and Halong Bay, i hope so any way.

#11 geckobob has been a member since 17/3/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by destroyingangel on 18/3/2011 at 13:44

So we should keep our chins up and be confident we'll love Vietnam even if the rain never stops?

#12 destroyingangel has been a member since 5/1/2011. Posts: 15

Posted by adro48itly on 18/3/2011 at 18:31

I was also in Mui Ne about a month ago and I got carelessly roasted, so take plenty of sunscreen, although I don't know what the weather's doing there now.
I haven't got that far again yet, as I'm re-living my V experience in blog posts.
Its' at http://vietnamtrails.wordpress.com

#13 adro48itly has been a member since 5/1/2009. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.