Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Pre-booking trains - Vietnam

Posted by flipflip on 19/3/2011 at 22:01

My friends and I are travelling to Vietnam in April and from what I've read, its best to pre-book train rides in order to get the class etc that you want. We arrive in Hanoi on the 9th and want to catch the overnight train to Danang on the 12th (ie not alot of time!) so we definitely want to prebook our tickets before we leave.

Can anyone recommend a reliable travel agent or similar service that could arrange the tickets for us? Have tried looked on seat61 for tips and they recommend a few companies VietnamImpressive, Vietnamstay (, Saigon Hotel ( but i'm wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these or could recommend an alternative.

#1 flipflip has been a member since 19/3/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by swag on 20/3/2011 at 06:19

hi I spent a month in Vietnam last June. I used Vietnamimpressive and found their service great. Prompt replies to emails and tickets for two train journeys were delivered to the hotel in Hanoi I was staying at. Would use them again no problems

#2 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331
 Send swag a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.