Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Vietnam Beaches?

Posted by fenn on 28/3/2011 at 22:36

Hi Guys,

Ive been trowling through this site trying to plan where I want to go in Vietnam.
I really just want to spend a few days to a week travelling around the islands and enjoying the beaches here more than anything else.
Has anyone got any reccomendations of the best scenic/lively(ish) beachs please.

Also I plan to travel by bus/train overnight from Cambodia into Vietnam - so any recommended crossings from camodia to get to the islands faster would also really be appreciated.

#1 fenn has been a member since 8/3/2011. Posts: 7

Posted by jnelson232 on 28/3/2011 at 23:20

For a lively/ish time I would recommend Nha Trang. Its has a decent amount of bars with really good happy hour deals as well as tour organizers offering booze cruises to outlying islands.
A ton of young backpackers and cheap prices made this a pretty good party scene.

#2 jnelson232 has been a member since 28/3/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 37
 Send jnelson232 a private message 

Posted by Positivetravel on 29/3/2011 at 01:22

Like jnelson232 Nha Trang probably your best bet for lively beaches. I personally liked Cui Dai beach which is near Hoi An, very relaxing as well as some great seafood restaurnats. Mui Ne has a nice stretch of beach too, although the nighlife can be a little quite alothough there are some small little bars that can be busy enough at night.

#3 Positivetravel has been a member since 8/3/2011. Posts: 17
 Send Positivetravel a private message 

Posted by JasonB on 29/3/2011 at 09:17

Posted from within Vietnam.

If you are travelling to Vietnam from Cambodia, You can take a bus to get to Ha Tien , and from Ha Tien you can take a ferry to visit Phu Quoc island which is the largest island in Vietnam. You will see that is one of the most beautiful beaches in Vietnam. Hope you have a nice trip.

#4 JasonB has been a member since 19/3/2011. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 24
 Send JasonB a private message   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+ 

Posted by vietnamrum on 30/3/2011 at 07:33

Phnom Penh to Saigon by bus including customs is 6 hours. Its very easy - no problems.

excellent article on traveling overland to and from Cambodia.
http://www.canbypublications.com/cambodia/overland.htm

train journeys in vietnam
http://www.seat61.com/Vietnam.htm

#5 vietnamrum has been a member since 21/1/2011. Posts: 39

Posted by vietnamrum on 30/3/2011 at 07:38

I have been based in Nha Trang in Vietnam for the last 3 odd years.

I stay at Hon Chong beach 3 odd ks from the tourist area.
Great spot to enjoy beach life.

Not been to Mui Ne but believe it is better for wind sports. Accommodation / restaurants are more spread out.

The tourist area of Nha Trang is all around 1 block though it is starting to expand.

Have a good trip.

#6 vietnamrum has been a member since 21/1/2011. Posts: 39

Posted by fenn on 30/3/2011 at 23:19

Thanks guys =]

#7 fenn has been a member since 8/3/2011. Posts: 7

Posted by vella on 4/4/2011 at 10:57

Hi,
Vietnam is a wonderful place to have vacations.. There are so many beaches to visit.. One of my favourite is China Beach , located between Da Nang and Hoi An, China Beach is most famous for its20-mile stretch of luscious beachfront property. This is where UStroops landed during the Vietnam War in the 1970s. It is also known forbeing a hangout for US soldiers, and over the years, it has transformeditself into a stunning Asian beach destination that boasts upscalecomfort, service, and amenities.

I hope this will help you out!

#8 vella has been a member since 4/4/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 1

Posted by duong on 9/4/2011 at 11:38

There are some famous places for your beach vacation in Vietnam:

+ Hoian, Danang ( Cua Dai, Non Nuoc)

+ Nha Trang

+ Phan Thiet ( Mui Ne)

+ Phu Quoc Island

+ Vung Tau

For the transfer Cambodia - Vietnam, there are 3 options:

+ Air - plance

+ Public bus

+ Public express boat ( Chau Doc - Phnom Penh)

Cheers,

#9 duong has been a member since 22/12/2010. Posts: 19

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.