Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Taxi Horror in Hanoi Airport

Posted by travworld on 1/4/2011 at 21:38

Curious are they still having issues with Taxi's from airport taking you to wrong hotel, or charging you more as the meter jumps, Or do they now have a set price to take you to different zones, and just pay at the Airport. I always use the Hotel option but wonder if they charge too much cause they hire independent taxi or limo people ..

#1 travworld has been a member since 9/7/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 23
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by travellingsarah on 2/4/2011 at 15:37 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

Taxis from the airport taxi ranks are a fixed price to anywhere in Hanoi. It has recently increased to 315,000VND for a standard taxi, 345,000 for an 8 seater. This price is clearly stated on the taxi boards. The taxis from these ranks SHOULD be honest enough and not take you to the wrong hotel - though I guess there's never a guarantee of that.

#2 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by daawgon on 3/4/2011 at 10:35

I've had too many problems with cabs at HAN - best to have your hotel meet the flight

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,113

Posted by swag on 3/4/2011 at 10:38

hi on my first flight into Hanoi I got the hotel to pick me up. But after a month there then flying in from Danang I just said to the taxi touts this is were i'm going and this is what i,ll pay had no problems with that.

#4 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.