Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Vietnam Cental Highlands

Posted by Alf on 12/4/2011 at 05:14

Going on ten day organized motorbike tour in late August.. Will be passing through Nha Trang, Dalat, Lake Lak, Buon Me Thuot, Doc Lech Beach. Accommodation and breakfast is included in price. With the Aussie dollar being so strong should I exchange any spending money for souvenirs, presents, etc. before I go? Thanks for any suggestions. Alf.

#1 Alf has been a member since 11/4/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by ryder80 on 12/4/2011 at 17:48

hi there,

what tour did you book with? from north to south or in-between? what are the costs? have a link to a website.

thanks

#2 ryder80 has been a member since 19/12/2010. Posts: 83
 Send ryder80 a private message 

Posted by alfredsvideo on 13/4/2011 at 06:04

Booked a Central Highlands Tour with Vietnam Motorbike Tours, operated by Jason Thatcher. Sorry, don't know the costs. It was an 80th birthday present from my 3 sons.

#3 alfredsvideo has been a member since 13/4/2011. Posts: 5

Posted by violets on 23/4/2011 at 07:44

There's not a lot to buy in that area (unless you can find some local weaving) and anyway it will be difficult to carry on the motor bike. I would buy things in Hanoi or HCMC just before you return. You can get most things in either place. I think Craftlink in Hanoi is a great place to buy. They have a good variety, are fairtrade and provide work and training to hilltribes.

#4 violets has been a member since 6/7/2009. Posts: 152

Posted by alfredsvideo on 23/4/2011 at 10:25

Thanks to ryder80 and.violets. Everything will be taken into consideration. Cheers, Alf.

#5 alfredsvideo has been a member since 13/4/2011. Posts: 5

Posted by abc on 1/5/2011 at 07:31

Posted from within Vietnam.

Change your money when you get here at local banks.Aussie dollar is the highest it's ever been here in Vietnam and seems to be getting stronger every day.
Ryder I booked my tour of the central highlands through this website,it may give you some ideas www.vietnamjungletravel.com

#6 abc has been a member since 21/6/2010. Posts: 24
 Send abc a private message   Website 

Posted by abc on 1/5/2011 at 07:31

Posted from within Vietnam.

Change your money when you get here at local banks.Aussie dollar is the highest it's ever been here in Vietnam and seems to be getting stronger every day.
Ryder I booked my tour of the central highlands through this website,it may give you some ideas www.vietnamjungletravel.com

#7 abc has been a member since 21/6/2010. Posts: 24
 Send abc a private message   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.