Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Typhoid

Posted by RoxannLMT on 13/4/2011 at 07:15

Leaving for Vietnam in a little over 2 weeks from the States. The CDC is currently recommending typhoid vaccination before going. When my kids went over winter of '09 I don't remember this. Any experiences to share? Do you think we really need to do this?

#1 RoxannLMT has been a member since 1/4/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by daawgon on 13/4/2011 at 11:44

I think it depends on exactly where you're going. If it's just to the many touristed areas (Sapa, Halong Bay, Hoi An, Dalat + the big cities) I would not worry. I've been to VN 4 times with just a Hep A series. This is quite a safe country (except for highway travel).

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,132
 Send daawgon a private message 

Posted by sk3 on 25/4/2011 at 11:19

Would the same apply if one were to spend a few days in the Mekong Delta?

#3 sk3 has been a member since 25/4/2011. Posts: 9
 Send sk3 a private message 

Posted by sayadian on 25/4/2011 at 15:04

I don't take med for malaria or hep. but I sure as hell get a jab for Diptheria,Tetanus,polio (one shot) and typhoid because these diseases are prevalent all over Asia.The typhoid shot is pretty cheap in UK. What kind of price would you have to pay in U.S
If it's expensive you could get it cheaply in Vietnam.

#4 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557
 Send sayadian a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.