Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Flying from Hue to Hanoi?

Posted by sk3 on 6/5/2011 at 05:09

I'll be traveling from south to north later this month, eventually going from Hoi An by bus/train to Hue . My next stop will be Hanoi, and my inclination would be to fly from Hue to Hanoi (booking once I arrive in Vietnam). However, while Vietnam Airlines lists this route, there doesn't appear to be availability for any day. Does anyone know if this route still exists or have other information to provide?

I would consider the train, but it's 12-14 hours and the times seem to all be pretty inconvenient - either killing an entire day or the only half-decent overnight train option leaving at 7:42 pm and not arriving until around noon the following day.

Any information/suggestions welcome!

Stephen

#1 sk3 has been a member since 25/4/2011. Posts: 9
 Send sk3 a private message 

Posted by travellingsarah on 6/5/2011 at 08:56 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

I have a feeling that Hue airport is closed for a month or so for refurbishment. This may be the reason.

#2 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Send travellingsarah a private message   Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by travellingsarah on 6/5/2011 at 08:58 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

Yeah, i just did a quick search and various dates are mentioned for the closure but all starting early to mid-May for a month.

#3 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Send travellingsarah a private message   Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by sk3 on 6/5/2011 at 10:11

Thanks very much for the info, travellingsarah. For others interested, I did a little follow-up myself and it appears that the airport will reopen on June 6.

#4 sk3 has been a member since 25/4/2011. Posts: 9
 Send sk3 a private message 

Posted by daawgon on 7/5/2011 at 00:21

Just use the Danang Airport

#5 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,133
 Send daawgon a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.