Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Extremely short trip in HCMC, advice!

Posted by kateemily on 1/6/2011 at 10:14

hey all
I am travelling to HCMC for a work trip (no work involved except for the plane ride over!) and I am looking for some advice as to what to do. I think I will arrive there either late on a saturday night, or early on a sunday morning. On these types of trips we only get about 2 nights in the country, so about one full day! I was hoping to check out the war remnants museum and do some shopping, but I'm hearing mixed reviews about the Ben Thanh markets?
any advice is welcome : )
thanks
~kate

#1 kateemily has been a member since 7/4/2011. Posts: 12

Posted by daawgon on 1/6/2011 at 23:50

You're best way to go would be to book one of the 100% free Saigonhotpot student tours - they do this for English practice. Just google for their website and send them an email - you do need a few weeks lead time.

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,113

Posted by gatvietnam on 15/6/2011 at 19:54

Posted from within Vietnam.

1 day for Ho Chi Minh city tour and the other for Cu Chi

#3 gatvietnam has been a member since 9/5/2011. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 34

Posted by jultrip on 16/6/2011 at 00:42

I agree with gatvietnam, I would go for Cu Hi or Mekong for a day! but maybe you prefer to do the city tour,will check that web of the students seeking Eng practice, always a fantastic experience to mingle with the locals.

#4 jultrip has been a member since 25/5/2011. Posts: 12

Posted by kateemily on 16/6/2011 at 07:10

I've just received my itinerary and we arrive in HCMC on Friday the 24th June at 4pm, and we leave 9pm Saturday 25th June... Definitely not as much time as I'd like. I'll have to consult my travelling partners as to where they want to go, but thank you for all the suggestions!

#5 kateemily has been a member since 7/4/2011. Posts: 12

Posted by evivatour on 16/6/2011 at 11:41

See the best of Ho Chi Minh City on this private full-day tour. In the morning, visit the historic Reunification Palace and War Remnants Museum, followed by the architectural treats of French colonial Notre Dame Cathedral and the Post Office. Enjoy the culinary delights of renowned Pho 2000, before visiting Giac Lam Pagoda, the bustling Chinese district of Cholon and Ben Thanh market. That's a city tour.

You also can go to Cu Chi tunnel and Cao Dai temple or full day on boat to Mekong delta

#6 evivatour has been a member since 26/5/2011. Posts: 2
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.