Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Hanoi to Hong Kong

Posted by daniel4 on 1/6/2011 at 22:41

Hey everyone - I'm new to this forum and have really been impressed with the shared wealth and experience that people here have to offer.
With this in mind, I was wondering whether anyone knows of the cheapest way to get from Hanoi to Hong Kong (no train )? What cheap airlines would you use? I'm traveling in the first week of August?
Many thanks

#1 daniel4 has been a member since 23/5/2011. Posts: 13

Posted by idreamofdurian on 2/6/2011 at 00:37 TF writer

The super-budget airlines don't fly that route. You can try Dragon Air or Vietnam Airlines, but it looks like one-way during the first week of August is around $300 USD.

#2 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by daniel4 on 2/6/2011 at 01:09

Thank you - I was afraid of that.

#3 daniel4 has been a member since 23/5/2011. Posts: 13

Posted by caseyprich on 2/6/2011 at 06:50

Another option would be to go from Hanoi to Nanning in Guangxi Province - however, then you have to go to the hassle and cost of getting a visa for China. Flights for the first week of August are listed at 185 USD including tax (elong.com).

I don't know how much time you have, but you could also go from Hanoi to Nanning and then take a train to Guangzhou (12 hours, Hard Sleeper 36 USD), then from there you can take a train to Shenzhen (1hr 20 minutes, 8/9 USD), then you've got plenty of options to get into Hong Kong from Shenzhen.

http://www.chinahighlights.com/china-trains/

(if you have the time to do this you could seriously consider going a little out of the way and up to Guilin via train, then take a boat down to Yangshuo for some beautiful karst scenery)

#4 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Send caseyprich a private message   Where has caseyprich been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.