Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Mosquito Nets

Posted by daniel4 on 13/6/2011 at 03:29

Hey just wondering whether its advisable to bring mosquito nets to Vietnam and Cambodia- we will be in country in July ( the start of the rainy season)?
Many thanks

#1 daniel4 has been a member since 23/5/2011. Posts: 13

Posted by travellingsarah on 13/6/2011 at 08:04 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

In my experience, most places in areas with a malaria risk which don't have A/C will have mossie nets. Personally I'd do without - they're just something else to carry which you'll end up hardly using.

#2 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Send travellingsarah a private message   Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by busylizzy on 13/6/2011 at 09:15

I agree with Sarah... and if you are in a room with a fan, just point the fan so it blows over you at night. Mozzies don't like moving air, so that will keep any rogue visitors away.

#3 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by jultrip on 16/6/2011 at 00:54

Posted from within Vietnam.

Normally they already have mosquito nets, but remember to bring mosquito repelent! Mozzy bites can be very nasty and also dangerous.

#4 jultrip has been a member since 25/5/2011. Posts: 12

Posted by Thomas922 on 16/6/2011 at 11:35

I had little rain from late July through August but look more closely. Vietnam's weather patterns differ from north to south and from lowlands to highlands! And I didn't need a mozzie net at all!

#5 Thomas922 has been a member since 1/7/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 352
 Send Thomas922 a private message   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.