Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Looking to Buy a Motorbike in Hanoi

Posted by trobs on 15/6/2011 at 12:03

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi everyone, I'm currently volunteering in Hanoi and will probably be here for about 3 months and so am looking to buy a motorbike.

Funds are a little limited so probably looking for something between $200-350 US.

If anyone has anything please let me know

#1 trobs has been a member since 24/1/2011. Posts: 12

Posted by travellingsarah on 15/6/2011 at 13:02 TF writer

Why don't you rent? It'll probably cost you more but saves you the hassle of buying and then re-selling and the risk of being sold a wreck (a situation I've just found myself in). Have a look here. Otherwise, have a look around the backpackers hostels - there are usually bikes for sale there. Or look at The New Hanoian.

#2 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Send travellingsarah a private message   Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by anamviet on 17/6/2011 at 10:53

Minsk Rental, Sales & Service : Add 4 Luong Ngoc Quyen, Hoan Kiem, hanoi (between Nguyen huu Huan str and Ma may str)

Email: , Tel: 04-39264214

#3 anamviet has been a member since 15/6/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by dan__spearman on 18/6/2011 at 11:05

Hi Steve,

The best place to look for bikes for sale in Vietnam is here

Good luck bike hunting!

#4 dan__spearman has been a member since 6/5/2011. Posts: 5
 Send dan__spearman a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.