Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

HCMC to Sihanoukville, scuba diving and itinerary ideas?

Posted by csawala on 20/6/2011 at 20:52

Saying goodbye to Ho Chi Minh on the 23rd of August, then planning on taking a bus to Sihanoukville (as early as possible). I have another friend flying in the morning of that same day to Phnom Penh , and I am debating whether I should just tell him to meet us in Sihanoukville, or whether we should meet up in Phnom Penh and grab the bus together to Sihanoukville.

The friend I'm traveling with from HCMC has to leave the 27/28th of August, while the other friend takes off the 31st (I have an open-ended travel plan so I am not concerned about myself time-wise).
Ideally, we would like to utilize our time effectively while STILL getting at least a couple dives in along with maybe some snorkeling in Sihanoukville.

SO, the multi-part question is such:
Should we just meet in Sihanoukville? Or will we have to take a route through to Phnom Penh anyways?
How long and what route would be best to get to SVille by bus?
What would be a good way to attack this trip so my friends can dive, yet still see some of the Cambodian experience?

#1 csawala has been a member since 21/4/2011. Posts: 13

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.