Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

23 Day VN Itinerary - North to South

Posted by Rubixx on 4/7/2011 at 19:12

Can someone please critique my 23 day itinerary? Is it too much? What could I leave out? We are flying with Vietnam Airlines where possible. Thanks in advance.

1. Hanoi (2 nights)
2. Sapa (2 nights + 1 overnight train)
3. Halong Bay (2 nights + 1 overnight train)
4. Hue (3 nights)
5. Hoi An (3 nights)
6. Nha Trang (3 nights)
7. Ho Chi Minh (2 nights)
8. My Tho, Ben Tre, Chau Doc, Long Xuyen (2 nights)
9. Ho Chi Minh (1 night)

#1 Rubixx has been a member since 27/6/2011. Posts: 11

Posted by eastwest on 4/7/2011 at 19:41

Looks ok to me.

Perhaps 1 or 2 nights shorter in Hue but that depends on your interests. For me personally 1 full day Halong is enough but if you re interested in that area 2 days is definitely worth it.

Those 1 or 2 days you could add to a place that you really enjoy. Most people tend to linger a bit longer in Hoi An or Nha Trang and that depends heavily on interests as well of course.

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778
 Send eastwest a private message 

Posted by JasonB on 5/7/2011 at 08:27

Posted from within Vietnam.

8. My Tho, Ben Tre, Chau Doc, Long Xuyen (2 nights)

Yes, that is enough. If you have another day then add to visit Can Tho where you can see floating markets. By the way, you can flight with Jetstar Pacific with is so much cheaper than Vietnam Airline.

#3 JasonB has been a member since 19/3/2011. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 24
 Send JasonB a private message   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+ 

Posted by Travelindochine on 19/8/2011 at 13:16

For me Hue (3nights) a little boring. Can add 1 more night for Halong Bay & Cat Ba / Hoi An / Nha trang or HCMC. Just my personal opinion

cheers

#4 Travelindochine has been a member since 10/7/2008. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 35
 Send Travelindochine a private message   Twitter 

Posted by Rubixx on 19/8/2011 at 13:20

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I have cut 1 day off Hue and have added that day to the south end of the trip.

#5 Rubixx has been a member since 27/6/2011. Posts: 11

Posted by travellingsarah on 22/8/2011 at 14:51 TF writer

I think it works OK as an overview of the country too. It's similar to the trip I did when I first came here many years ago and I loved it. Agree with previous comments about Hue though and don't forget - it's an overnight train both too and from Sapa. Also you have put 'overnight train' next to Halong - do you mean from Hanoi to Hue?

#6 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Send travellingsarah a private message   Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by vutour on 10/9/2011 at 11:03

hello! so your itinerary is ok. so this you book hotel in Nha Trang ?? the 3tar hotel are big Promotion now. so you can book for 35$/ room at Sea view. at Sunny Hotel or Sea & Sun .
email : vutour@yahoo.com

#7 vutour has been a member since 10/9/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by vutour on 10/9/2011 at 11:04

hello! so your itinerary is ok. so this you book hotel in Nha Trang ?? the 3tar hotel are big Promotion now. so you can book for 35$/ room at Sea view. at Sunny Hotel or Sea & Sun .
email : vutour@yahoo.com

#8 vutour has been a member since 10/9/2011. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.