Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Guesthouse for 2 months in District 1

Posted by modestyblaise08 on 9/7/2011 at 11:32

I am a medical student and will be spending my 6 week elective at Cho Ray hospital in HCMC.

I am looking for a safe, clean guesthouse for 1 person (20-something female) to spend around 2 months, preferrably in District 1.

Ideally there would be AC, WIFI in the room and if possible the shower would have a cubicle. I wouldn't mind a balcony or rooftop where I could get some fresh air and study etc.

Been looking at Miss Loi's but heard not so great reviews in regards to bookings and reservations - I'd really like to have my accomodation before I go (Jan-Feb 2012)

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Rachel

#1 modestyblaise08 has been a member since 9/7/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by daawgon on 9/7/2011 at 23:57

I've stayed twice at the wonderful Bich Duyen in the Pham Ngu Lao, District 1 (backpacker area). I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else since the manager here is exceptional, and I consider him to be one of the most honest people in all of Vietnam. You can book BD on hostelworld.com or just by sending them an email to bichduyenhotel@yahoo.com

I paid $27. in 2009 for a better room

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,133
 Send daawgon a private message 

Posted by violets on 11/7/2011 at 06:38

I think you'd find Miss Loi's pretty hard to take for that long. I once spent nearly a week there when I was sick (otherwise I would have moved) and those beds are so hard. I'd be inclined to start somewhere for a few days and then move when you've had a chance to check things out a bit. I find the Pham Ngu Lau area too noisy.

#3 violets has been a member since 6/7/2009. Posts: 152

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.