Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Multiple Little Hanoi Hotels?

Posted by morgiane on 22/7/2011 at 04:42

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip for the end of the year to Vietnam and was looking at Little Hanoi Hotel as a place to stay. However, in google searches i'm coming up with multiple Little Hanoi Hotels. Am I right in thinking there are copycats leveraging the original Little Hanoi Hotel name? I see two websites: http://littlehanoihostel.com and http://littlehanoihotel.com (And is the recommended one the one located at 48 Hang ga street?)

Thank you!

#1 morgiane has been a member since 3/2/2011. Posts: 4
 Send morgiane a private message   Twitter 

Posted by Rubixx on 8/8/2011 at 20:42

They could be sister hotels, like the "Sunrise Hotel in Hanoi ". There is a sister (same owner) hotel of the same name but with a number on the end like "Sunrise Hotel in Hanoi 2".

Or they could be non-related altogether.

Yeah, copyright/patent laws are pretty much non-existent in Vietnam.

#2 Rubixx has been a member since 27/6/2011. Posts: 11

Posted by daawgon on 9/8/2011 at 01:41

I think "Lucky" holds the record - one street alone has about 6 Lucky hotels!

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,133
 Send daawgon a private message 

Posted by travellingsarah on 9/8/2011 at 16:21 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

The Little Hanoi Hotel referenced at www.littlehanoihostel.com is the one positively reviewed on TF on Hang Ga Street. They also have a hostel by Hoan Kiem Lake.

www.littlehanoihotel.com owns 4 'hotels' located around St Joseph's Cathedral. They're pretty basic from what I recall.

#4 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Send travellingsarah a private message   Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by morgiane on 11/8/2011 at 01:11

thanks so much guys!

#5 morgiane has been a member since 3/2/2011. Posts: 4
 Send morgiane a private message   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.