Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Cat Ba - Where to stay

Posted by douluvme49 on 7/8/2011 at 20:28

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hey everyone

We are heading to Cat Ba Island in a week and wondering if anyone knows good accomodation. We would like to spend $15 max. We like air con (who doesn't haha)

Thanks in advance!

#1 douluvme49 has been a member since 4/2/2011. Posts: 33

Posted by daawgon on 9/8/2011 at 01:39

Just avoid Cat Ba Town - a real dump, but it is cheap!

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,113

Posted by stcyr on 12/8/2011 at 04:39

Hello douluvme 49

I visit this iland as daawgon say noting to do there except the view point if you are reedy to claim during 1hours in the mountain, base on my experience skip Cat Ba you lost your time
Marc

#3 stcyr has been a member since 19/1/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by DLuek on 13/8/2011 at 16:14 TF writer

Well, I disagree with stycr. A couple days/nights on Cat Ba is well worth it. Rent a motorbike and explore the island, eat seafood fresh out of the ocean and enjoy the quaint fishing village lifestyle. In my opinion it's a lot better than spending those nights in some cramped junk on Ha Long Bay with a bunch of strangers and expensive food/drink.

Unfortunately I don't have a specific answer to your question... Can't remember the name of the place we stayed a couple years ago, but there are so many decent guesthouses on the main road along the ocean. Accommodation there is also among the cheapest in the entire region. We had an A/C room with a balcony and a big window overlooking the picturesque bay for only US $7/night as I recall... Anyway it's not a hard place to find a good, cheap room.

#4 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,176
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.