I managed to arrange for 5 days in Vietnam. I will be travelling solo, therefore, the whole planning is very flexible other than the fixed number of travel days. This is my situation at the moment - I have the choice to either fly in Hanoi, or Saigon. I definitely will visit Hanoi and I'm not for the touristy tours, but a nice soak in the local culture/sights/arts. I am just considering if it is wise to visit Saigon as well, in this duration. Here are few enquiries if anyone can help, appreciates.
1. In 5 days, is it advisable to visit Saigon or are there any worth visiting places near Hanoi I can look at?
2. How much will it cost for a domestic flight and which is a typical airline in Vietnam?
3. If there is anything I shouldnt miss out, do drop me a line.
1) With just five days I'd stick to Hanoi and perhaps visit Halong Bay or Sapa for a couple of nights.
2) Look into flights with Pacific Airlines and Vietnam Airlines -- I'm not sure of the prices off the top of my head.
#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,644
Send somtam2000 a private message Where has somtam2000 been? Website Twitter Facebook Flickr Google+ Instagram Pinterest