Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

short beach holiday from hcmc?

Posted by flan on 8/11/2011 at 04:29

Posted from within Vietnam.

hi all

I want to take a short beach holiday from HCMC (which is where I live). There are the obvious choices of Phu Quoc, Mui Ne or Nha Trang but I would really love to go somewhere a bit different, like a beach in East Thailand. I have read that its very overdeveloped there but am looking for somewhere more relaxing. I only have 5 days including travelling time, any suggestions?

Thanks

#1 flan has been a member since 8/11/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by eastwest on 8/11/2011 at 07:22

Have you been to the beach places in Vietnam already?
I don't see why the overdeveloped beaches in East Thailand would be more relaxing than Phu Quoc or Mui Ne.

Ko Chang and surrounding islands are indeed nice but not so quickly to get to. Either fly to Phnom Penh or to Bangkok and then take a bus + ferry. Either way it will take you a full day travel both ways. Apparently Trat has a Bangkok airways airport exclusively for them so that could be an option if you're willing to part with the money and get there quicker and easier.

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778
 Send eastwest a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.