Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

HOI TO HCMC - fly, train or bus

Posted by WILLIAMS5 on 16/11/2011 at 14:02

We are flying up to Hoi An from HCMC but considering travelling on land for the return leg. Is this a very scenic route worth travelling? Are sections of it more scenic than others or is it just a long strectch of highway? Happy to break it up with bus & overnight train if feasible? Any thoughts and suggestions much appreciated. Accom in Hoi An? - clean and central for 2A & 3 teenagers?

#1 WILLIAMS5 has been a member since 14/11/2011. Posts: 7

Posted by daawgon on 19/11/2011 at 12:46

You don't say if and where you'd like to stop along that route. I did it by train on my way to Dalat last year and the trip was very long and boring (train is also none too clean/bugs). The bus is downright dangerous because the roads are deathtraps - just google for road deaths in Vietnam, and you'll understand. If you want to stop in Nha Trang, Dalat or Mui Ne, I really suggest you fly.

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,129
 Send daawgon a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.