Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Hanoi to Siem Reap

Posted by backpacker21 on 25/11/2011 at 04:44

Hi, may I know if there's a way to Siem Reap from Hanoi ? What's the travel time? If there's none, can you please give me some insights on how we can maximize our time? We only have 7 days to explore Hanoi (Halong Bay) and Cambodia (Siem Reap). Our IT would be Saigon-Hanoi-Cambodia -Saigon. In base is Saigon. Plan to spend just a night there before flying back to the Philippines.

Thanks for your help!

#1 backpacker21 has been a member since 10/5/2011. Posts: 8

Posted by Huetourist1 on 25/11/2011 at 21:30

Posted from within Vietnam.

You can take flight from Siem reap to Ha Noi. I think your itinerary should be as follow.
Arrive Siem Reap
Visit Siem Reap
Take flight Siem Reap - Sai gon
Visit Sai Gon
Take flight Sai Gon to Ha Noi
visit Ha Noi
Ha Noi - ha long Bay 2 days.

But with the time is 7 days for you to visit Siem Reap - Sai gon - Ha Noi & Ha Long Bay is so rush. You should spend more 3 days.
Otherwise you can take flight from Siem Reap to Ha Noi without visiting Saigon you have enough 7 days
Any help from me, email to me

#2 Huetourist1 has been a member since 25/11/2011. Posts: 7

Posted by MADMAC on 26/11/2011 at 05:31

Even if Scotty could beam you from coordinate to coordinate (which he can't) you only have seven days to cover four locations (Halong Bay being the fourth). Do yourself a favor and cut Hanoi or cut Siem Reap.

#3 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by chinarocks on 29/11/2011 at 10:56

Or come back to the temples and Cambodia another time.

7 days sounds doable for Saigon, Hanoi and HB. Albeit you would probably ideally look for 8-9.

Siem Reap into the mix also is sheer and utter madness. You're looking at something like 36 hours per venue were you to do that.

#4 chinarocks has been a member since 17/6/2011. Posts: 738

Posted by backpacker21 on 1/12/2011 at 05:27

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We had a change of plan. We won't include Hanoi anymore. Instead our 7 days will be spent in Saigon and Siem Reap. Will have a separate trip to Hanoi some other time though.

#5 backpacker21 has been a member since 10/5/2011. Posts: 8

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.