Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Traffic in Vietnam

Posted by daawgon on 26/11/2011 at 00:42

Anyone considering driving or cycling in Vietnam would do well to read this article, A Matter of Mindset

#1 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,111

Posted by hanoirailtours on 6/12/2011 at 03:07

Posted from within Vietnam.

Travel in Hanoi now that only in Old Quarter only, around this area you can travel by cyclo, slow ans easy to travel, take photo. I thing it is wonderful to try this when you arrival Hanoi

#2 hanoirailtours has been a member since 6/12/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by travellingsarah on 6/12/2011 at 08:30 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

Thanks for the link - good read and really hits the nail on the head. You have to be constantly alert on the streets here, particularly when driving in rush hour and on the main roads, and the driving culture really is a huge problem. I now take a taxi to work as the office has moved and is now on a major thoroughfare (Tay Son as mentioned in the article) and there's no way I'm driving my bike down there: particularly as when I'm sitting in the taxi I see how close they get to motorbikes and how crazily they drive. It's not as bad in the Old Quarter, but only because people are driving more slowly - there are still no rules. Everyone - do not take it lightly, take care.

#3 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.