Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Perfect Trip to Hoi An

Posted by Tukee on 25/1/2012 at 00:39

Posted from within Vietnam.

Just made the cut and bought my sleeper bus ticket to Hoi An upon my arrival in HCMC on the eve of Tet.

Train ticket definitely out of the question. But the price I paid was US$50 - steep. The bus is OK, it's more like a bunk-on-wheels, a mini dorm or prison cell with three columns of two-level bunk beds, and no seats, no toilet either, and no complimentary box of treats. And without the sleeping mattresses and aircon we would be like slaves in a galley to be delivered to our destination in a horizontal position.

This is the first time I've seen such a bus.

Total time is 22 hours with 10 hours trip to Nha Trang and with layover of one hour.

The trip though was perfect and smooth except for a tiny bit of frequent honking by the driver. I guess this is the driving culture of Vietnam.

The best thing about this arrangement is that I took the bus a block from my hotel in Saigon and I was drop off from my bus in Hoi An a few steps from my next hotel. No worries of transferring. And the hotel is still quite a steal - room for US$7.

#1 Tukee has been a member since 14/1/2012. Posts: 12
 Send Tukee a private message 

Posted by chinarocks on 25/1/2012 at 10:03

Nice to here the odd success story when it comes to road travel in 'Nam. Well done.

#2 chinarocks has been a member since 17/6/2011. Posts: 738

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.