Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Saigon Skin Doc

Posted by CrankyCarrot on 26/1/2012 at 09:10

Posted from within Vietnam.

Ok, this one's a little unusual for me, but can anyone recommend a dermatologist in HCMC? I'm travelling long term and have a couple of new moles I should probably get checked out sooner rather than later.

Also, can anyone give me an idea of the cost involved in seeing an English speaking doctor here about such things?

I'm planning on going onto Cambodia overland after I'm done here, so won't be going through Bangkok (which would otherwise be the logical place to get medical stuff seen to).

#1 CrankyCarrot has been a member since 24/3/2010. Location: Thailand. Posts: 662
 Website 

Posted by daawgon on 26/1/2012 at 14:35

OSCAT/AEA International Clinic
65 Nguyen Du, District 1, HCMC

Columbia-Gia Dinh International Clinic
01 No Trang Long, Binh Thanh District, HCMC

International SOS Clinic
167A Nam Ky Khoi Nghia St, D3, HCMC

that's all I know, what I found on the search engines - I understand the International Clinics (where they speak English) are not especially cheap, good luck

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,111

Posted by daawgon on 26/1/2012 at 14:37

You might call your local consulate and ask them if they can make a referral - what nationality are you?

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,111

Posted by CrankyCarrot on 27/1/2012 at 06:01

I'm an Aussie. I never would have thought to get a referral from my embassy here...

Maybe I could take a bi-lingual Viet local with me to a regular doctor and have them translate?

I don't want to blow hundreds of dollars on a simple doc's appointment.

#4 CrankyCarrot has been a member since 24/3/2010. Location: Thailand. Posts: 662
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.