Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Trip Planning-12 Nights

Posted by CMac1968 on 30/1/2012 at 16:30

Hi All,

Any help you can give on our upcoming trip to Vietnam (first time) starting in late March to early April. We fly into HCMC and out of Hanoi 13 days later. We are thinking of spending 3 nights in HCMC and taking the sleeper train to Nha Trang . Eventually we want to get to Hanoi and Halong Bay. How many nights do you recommend in Nha Trang and Hanoi? We have toyed with the idea of going to Hoi An for a couple of days, then on to Hanoi, but are not sure if that will be too much to squeeze in. Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks

#1 CMac1968 has been a member since 30/1/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by GilbertMcDonald on 30/1/2012 at 20:13

With only 13 days I would play around in HCMC then I would fly to Hue and see Hoi An, then fly to Hanoi go to Halong Bay then leave.

#2 GilbertMcDonald has been a member since 22/11/2010. Location: Canada. Posts: 25
 Send GilbertMcDonald a private message   Where has GilbertMcDonald been? 

Posted by GilbertMcDonald on 30/1/2012 at 20:14

With only 13 days I would play around in HCMC then I would fly to Hue and see Hoi An, then fly to Hanoi go to Halong Bay then leave.

#3 GilbertMcDonald has been a member since 22/11/2010. Location: Canada. Posts: 25
 Send GilbertMcDonald a private message   Where has GilbertMcDonald been? 

Posted by essentialtravel on 31/1/2012 at 01:11

Posted from within Vietnam.

With 13 days you cannot visit Ho Chi Minh, Nha Trang , Hoi An and Ha Noi, You can only stop to in Hoi An and Hue , then take flight to Ha Noi for departure. To visit all places you wish you should travel by plane. This is my suggestion:
D1: Ho Chi Minh arrive
D2: Ho Chi Minh city & Cu CHi tunnels
D3: Ho Chi Minh - mekong delta
D4: Mekong - HCM - flight to Nha Trang
D5: Nha Trang boat trip
D6: Nha Trang - flight to Da Nang
D7: Hoi An - My Son
D8: Hoi An - Hue
D9: Hue city - flight to Ha Noi
D10: Ha Noi city tour
D11: Ha Noi - Ha Long
D12: Ha Long - Ha Noi
D13: Ha Noi depart
Very glad to share experience

#4 essentialtravel has been a member since 28/1/2012. Posts: 5

Posted by kotaru1004 on 31/1/2012 at 04:11

Posted from within Vietnam.

your opinion essentialtr-
avel pretty good.
But I think 13 days to traverse the Ho Chi Minh City, Hoi An, Hue, Nha Trang, Ha Long, then it makes you very tired. You should choose two better place, will enjoy the scenic, enjoy the food in Hoi An, excellent and enjoyable holiday

#5 kotaru1004 has been a member since 31/1/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by janbjo on 1/2/2012 at 06:26

13 days runs away very fast if you have a lot of travelling planned.
I think I had left Nha Trang or Hue out. Visit Hue if you like cultural things like the Citadel or visit Nha Trang if you like the beach and the life around this.
HCMC and Hoi An are my favorites
I recommend to at least fly part of the trip, even though the trains are OK.

#6 janbjo has been a member since 27/10/2011. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.