Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Day trips in Sapa & Time in Hanoi

Posted by Benno on 13/2/2012 at 02:45

As the days move, so do they travel plans, damn you work.....

We plan to spend 4D3N in SAPA (is this too long?) and was wondering whether there are any day tours that can be done from the town. We would like to stay at hotel 'X' and do regular day trips to the surrounding area(s) whilst returning to the hotel at the end of the day. If so, are there any recommendations on tour agencies that people have had positive experiences with or are the hotel ones generally reliable if not a tad more expensive??

Our trip will be broken up into 2 lots of stays in HANOI, 3N at the start and 3-4N at the end with SAPA and a 3D2N HLBay trip in between. Is this too much or just enough to see the sights and delights of the area.

Your opinions are greatly sought.

#1 Benno has been a member since 18/1/2012. Posts: 36

Posted by downundergal on 21/9/2012 at 22:38

Hi Benno - just wondering have you finished your trip to Vietnam as yet? We are heading off mid next month and I am currently deciding on what to do when we are in Sapa. We are looking at doing the same as you. I am keen on visiting the markets and seeing the scenery without doing a full on trek. If you can let me know how you went it would be appreciated.

#2 downundergal has been a member since 28/2/2005. Location: Australia. Posts: 15

Posted by denovia on 17/10/2012 at 04:18

Posted from within Vietnam.

if u had a lot os time, u go Sapa on 4D3N is suitable. U have a little time, U should choose 3D2N. have a nice trip

#3 denovia has been a member since 17/10/2012. Posts: 4

Posted by Lila_Kue on 21/10/2012 at 23:03

Hi there! Spending 4D3N in SAPA is too long in my opinion. Trekking-in-Sapa is awesome but you may need 3D2N is okay. About tour agency i suggest Vietnam package travel. They offer well opperate tours and they take responsibilities to customers.

#4 Lila_Kue has been a member since 16/10/2012. Posts: 13

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.