Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Tunnels north vietnam apart from Cu Chi Tunnels

Posted by PeterW on 24/2/2012 at 03:39

Hello all

I've been in Siagon for 3 days and then went to Vung Tau for some beach time and apparently nearby there are tunnels like Cu Chi. However, the place was a **** hole (in my opinion) so I'm back in Saigon less than 24 hrs later. I just didn't feel the place. I would like to go to Mui Ne tomorrow at 8am, but I really want to see some of these tunnels. Are there any more north of Saigon that I can see so I don't have to spend another day or two in Saigon? Any advice would be appreciated.

My advice to you - you can give Vang Tau a miss along with Hat Yai in Thailand (In my opinion).

However the speed boat to Vang Tau was cool as :) Today I'm taking a moto taxi in rush hour for pictures (my camera will be tied to me with rope - its an slr) and I'm also getting drunk. I expect to pay about $5 for the privilege!

#1 PeterW has been a member since 29/8/2011. Posts: 31

Posted by shopunderwater on 24/2/2012 at 08:30

Posted from within Vietnam.

It may be to far north for you but there are some north of Hue, the Vinh Moc tunnels. They are different from Cu Chi as they were used for villagers to live in to escape the bombing in the DMZ area, the are large and quite easy to walk through.

#2 shopunderwater has been a member since 27/1/2012. Location: Australia. Posts: 8
 Send shopunderwater a private message 

Posted by PeterJW on 24/2/2012 at 21:54

Thanks - I'll be checking that out. I'm working my way to the north so I'll bear this in mind

#3 PeterJW has been a member since 30/8/2011. Posts: 19

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.